FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
+ WHAT MAKES YOUR WAX ECO-FRIENDLY?
mountainFLOW’s Hot Wax, Quick Wax, + Skin Wax Rub-On are made entirely from plant-based waxes. Most ski wax is made from petroleum by-products and mountainFLOW has 0% petroleum!
The Skin Wax Spray are water-based, non-toxic, and non-hazardous.
+ ARE MOUNTAINFLOW PRODUCTS JUST FOR BACKCOUNTRY SKIERS?
Nope, mountainFLOW products work great for all snow sliders.
The Hot Wax + Quick Wax were designed for use by everyone - Alpine, Nordic, Snowboard, and Backcountry
The Skin Wax, well that’s pretty much for backcountry skiers. Although, an increasing amount of nordic skis are now built with permanently affixed skins instead of fish scales and the Skin Wax works great for these skis too.
+ HOW LONG DO YOUR PRODUCTS LAST?
- The Hot Wax lasts for 4-6 days depending on the snow conditions.
- The Quick Wax will last for one day, which is the standard for any rub-on wax.
- The Skin Wax lasts for one day. We have put in some really long days in the backcountry, like 40 miles long, and have not had any icing and have not had to reapply the skin wax.
+ IS YOUR WAX REALLY AS FAST AS CONVENTIONAL, PETROLEUM-BASED WAX?
- Yep! We ran a series of speed traps to prove that mountainFLOW is just as fast as a conventional wax.
- We ran the tests on multiple courses, with different skiers, and in different snow conditions. Feel free to reach out if you would like more details on the methodology
+ WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SKIN WAX SPRAY AND THE RUB-ON SKIN WAX.
- The skin wax spray provides slightly better glide and it also maintains a strong kick. This spray has to be applied in advance and allowed to dry before hitting the skin track.
- The rub-on skin wax is slightly more durable and can be applied in the field. We recommend keeping a bar of the rub-on skin wax in your pack at all times. When you need it, you'll be glad you have it!
+ TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR RACE WAX ... I WAS ALWAYS TOLD THAT ECO-WAXES COULDN'T BE FAST.
- Welcome to the future! We have developed what we believe to be the world's fastest eco-friendly race wax. In fact, based on extensive field testing, we found that our race wax is competitive with any non-fluoro race wax on the market.
- mountainFLOW's exclusive Ceramic Nanotechnology is extremely hydrophobic and durable, very similar to the characteristics of the infamous, and now banned, fluorocarbons. The important difference is that mountainFLOW's race additive is biodegradable and completely non-toxic.